Saturday, October 20, 2012

TMNT April O-Neil : A kid's perspective review

This review is courtesy of my 8-year-old: "April O'Neil is my favorite character in Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles show, so I decided I wanted to get her and I already had Donatello so I thought they were a good match (Donatello falls in love at first sight). April is exactly four and a half inches (same height as Donatello). She has 8 weapons: A gun, two stink bombs, two boomerangs, a sword, a stick sword, and a bo stick.

She has four joints: a head swivel and wrist swivels (she actually has more- twist at the neck, ball shoulders, cut wrists and waist, along with odd ball hips; it's more, but still not nearly enough). Her right hand is open and her left is for holding her weapons.

Her boots are a little too big, but that way she can stand on her heels or toes. I like the way that they did her hair so it looks like it's swaying in the wind. I also like the "5" on her shirt.

I don't like the fact that her knees don't bend and her elbows don't bend (see, toy companies? Even an 8-year-old wants knee and elbow joints!!!), but all and all I really, really like the figure.




No comments:

Post a Comment