Saturday, November 21, 2015

BATOU - Ghost in the Shell Stand Alone Complex Taito Lottery B Prize Statue


This is the companion piece to the previously reviewed Major Motoko Kusanagi Stand Alone Complex statue from Taito. This time around, it's Batou! And, I've got to say it again, I'm impressed...

Batou comes in a vivid green window box (his box kind of matches Motoko's apple, while her box matches her outfit). It's still on the flimsy side, but this one survived shipping better than either of my Motoko boxes did. Once out, the figure stands slightly taller than Kusanagi, but it notably heavier (she clocks in at a mere 3.7 ounces, while Batou weighs 8.6 oz) and feels much more solid. The sculpt is great, and the paint is flawless again. The mouth is a little weird because of the single long "tooth" sculpted up top and again down bottom. But, otherwise, this is Batou.

I've not much else to say here. The statue is great, and looks really sweet alongside Kusanagi. I don't much care for them posed with the bases matched, as there's no good way to display them when they are back-to-back, so I've got Batou off to the side over Motoko's shoulder. This is another great statue from Taito, and is much more reasonably priced (I got mine for less than $30 shipped from Japan). If you're a fan of the show or of the character, I say go for it. Hopefully, you won't be disappointed - I know I'm not!







No comments:

Post a Comment