Saturday, June 4, 2016

BATMAN - Arkham Origins action figure


This is currently my favorite 7" Batman action figure. I love the sculpt, the paint is good and the articulation is good enough for my needs. He looks awesome on the shelf. It's a pity he didn't come with any accessories or alternate hands or anything, but he really is a big, beefy intimidating Batman all armored and angry.


On the down side, the pegs seem to be fragile (from what I've read) - clear plastic disease and all - and mine has some pretty loose ankles. He could really use some swivel biceps, too. The elbows rotate on a ball, but the whole arm can look pretty funky if they are turned more than just a little bit. The cape is an especially thin rubber, which is great because it looks good, but doesn't make him back-heavy, so he stands really well even though the cape doesn't touch the ground.

DC Collectibles did a respectable job with the paint. The eyes are mostly ok on mine, and the 5 o'clock shadow is more of a bad sunburn, but there's some really great highlighting around the seams of the costume that make it "pop", and the symbol and details are mostly very well done. As I mentioned before, this is currently my favorite 7" Batman, topping the Arkham Asylum and Arkham Knight versions easily, in my book.



No comments:

Post a Comment