Sunday, February 26, 2017

RYU VS SAGAT - SOTA Toys Street Fighter 2-Pack

 This 2-Pack, released by SOTA Toys in 2006, features Ryu with an alternate screaming head, 2 Hadoken hands, 2 fists and his traveling bag, and Sagat with alternate head, and 2 open hands and 2 fists. The figures are beautifully sculpted and superbly articulated. This set shows Sagat with his scar healed, and his imposing size and impressive sculpt make him my favorite figure from this line.

Ryu is a bit bland in comparison. His standard expression is pretty blank, and I feel like the chest sculpt is a little overdone, in the sense that there are a lot of lines (striations?) sculpted over the pectorals that aren't very convincing to me. That said, it's Ryu!

I'm hesitant to open the package for any of these SOTA Street Fighters because 1) they are so relatively expensive on the secondary market,  2) the couple that I do have out of package tend to loosen their joints pretty quickly and 3) Storm Collectibles and SH Figuarts have new Street Fighters on the way for my shelf. As a result, the SOTA figures are hanging on my wall for display.




No comments:

Post a Comment