Sunday, December 23, 2012

WWE Eve Torres - Basic Series 25 figure

Truth be told, I bought the earlier Series 11 Eve Torres figure twice, and returned it to the store both times. There was something about the likeness that was just too far off for me at the time. I've since become more forgiving, and am now kicking myself for not keeping her. I decided to correct that mistake and make SURE not to pass on the new Series 25 Eve.

I honestly think a big part of the sell for that Series 11 Eve was the package photo. Just...wow. Well, Series 25 does much the same thing: I'm sold. The likeness on the figure is still a different story. It's not terrible, and she's not ugly by any means, but it really isn't dead-on by any stretch of the imagination. The forehead is a bit too high, the chin too pronounced, and there's something about the mouth that's a little "off" to me. The pink on the lips is startlingly pink, too.

The outfit, itself, (and the body, for that matter) is the same sculpt as the earlier Eve, I think, with updated paint to match the package outfit. White, with gold highlights and boots. "Believe" adorns the choker and the sides of the boots. It's all very well-done, but not being a huge WWE or wrestling figure-follower, I can't say anything about the accuracy.

Eve looks to clock in at about 6 & 1/2" in height. Her articulation looks great, with all the points the Elite guys have, and the Basics want. Without opening her up, I can't vouch for her neck articulation with all that hair, but I can make a pretty good guess.

Eve, Version 2, is a good-looking figure, and I'm sure any WWE fan will be thrilled adding her to their collection. I should mention that the card backs on this new Series 25 have been shrunk by about 1/4, which I don't mind. They look less wasteful and still fit the figures well, though it would be nice to get an accessory or two, even with the Basic line.


No comments:

Post a Comment