Wednesday, January 20, 2016

JUDGE DREDD - Art Figures Artistic Interpretation "Heavy Cop" Version 2.0: DAY 3

Today posed the first real challenge: Dredd's armored vest. It's made of a front and back panel, connected at the top by a padded neck ring, and on the sides by 4 tiny clasp buckles. The shoulder pauldrons also have elastic rings on their outer ends.
Front
I figured that those rings need to slide up each arm to the bicep area, where they would serve to keep the shoulder armor from flapping around loosely. I wasn't sure how I was going to get those on, AND slide the whole shebang down over his head. Never mind that the clasps are REALLY tiny, are made of plastic, and didn't want to seem to come apart no matter how hard I tried. I'm also terrified of breaking something.

In any event, it took some time, and patience in the form of me walking away a couple of times, but the armor got on. Sliding the elastic up the arms wasn't as hard as I thought.

Back
The second arm, especially, went much smoother than anticipated since the range of motion is pretty good and I could bend it and maneuver to get the loop to reach. The neck collar is a very tight fit, and closing the clasps on the sides of the vest was a real challenge. I just couldn't squeeze the vest close enough together over the underlying sweater to get them to seat. I eventually managed one on each side, which helped, but it was a trying process. However...he looks awesome with it on...


No comments:

Post a Comment