Sunday, February 14, 2016

Gaming Heads Lara Croft "Survivor" Statue Box


Gaming Heads is due to release a new Lara Croft Tomb Raider statue any time, now. It's the "Temple of Osiris" version, and it looks brilliant. Unfortunately, it's a bit out of my price range, so I'll be taking a very difficult pass. I did have a recent request for another look at the earlier Gaming Heads release of Lara Coft in her modern, re-booted "Survivor" look's box. I had mentioned in my review of the figure that the box was so nice it probably deserved its own review. So, here it is!

The box is absolutely enormous - by far the largest box for a figure I have ever gotten (this is also the largest statue in my collection)! It measures nearly 23" tall by 16" wide and 11" deep. It's very hard to capture those dimensions on camera, so trust me, it's big. The pictures are stunning photos of the prototype, which (unfortunately) looks better than the actual statue. I've included a side by side so you can see what I mean. Otherwise, the box is beautiful, with several turnaround shots, a neat biography, and the edition number (this was limited to 1000 worldwide).









4 comments:

  1. You were right, that is an impressive box for a really nice statue.

    Huge thanks for sharing your thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. My pleasure! I'll try to get a Play Arts Kai review up, but it might be closer to when the new version is released in March (will probably do a comparison then).

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello,I am Lukas, do you sell the tomb raider statue?

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi, Lukas. Thanks for the question. Nope, not selling that one yet. Still love it!

    ReplyDelete