Saturday, March 3, 2012

Transformers Prime - Megatron Voyager Class - In-Pack Peek

I love Transformers Prime. I've grown to really enjoy the show, and I've been waiting eagerly for the toys to hit, which they did...FINALLY!!! Megatron here is a Voyager Class figure, and should run you about $20 (except at TRU, where he'll cost you about 40% more). 

The sculpt looks great in terms of the likeness to the show- he looks generally screen accurate. The colored plastic leaves a bit to be desired, though. He's cast in grey plastic, which looks like what it is. On the show, he's got a much more metallic silver sheen. I'm sure a skilled customizer could do some amazing work here, but that might cut into the play value.
I've got a small nit with the face, too. It's not sharp, and crisp, so he loses a lot of the personality that the show's cgi incarnation carries. The eyes are so prominent on screen, and here they're, well...small and beady.

Megatron comes packaged in an attractive box along with his accessory weapon (batteries are included), which features a "try me" opening and a light-up feature. As long as it looks like the massive cannon on his arm that it's supposed to, I honestly don't care about the push-button gimmick or the lights.

The alt-mode looks like it should be fabulous, and when I get around to opening this guy up, I'll post some additional pics out-of-package. Overall, Megatron looks great. He's about the right size to intimidate the deluxe sized versions of the other Prime figures, and he's (of course) integral to the line up!


No comments:

Post a Comment