Saturday, March 31, 2012

CHUN LI - Street Fighter IV Play Arts Kai Action Figure

He's a quick peek at the new Play Arts Kai Street Fighter Chun-Li action figure...

The packaging is consistent with Ryu's, and everything is well-displayed and appropriately protected. The box art is attractive and shows off the figure well. Chun-Li comes with alternate open hands, an open-mouthed alternate head, a fireball and clear stand (for the fireball). The fists pop off pretty readily, but the posts are fairly dainty for my taste, so I plan to be very careful when changing out the hands.
Chun-Li is a good looking figure. The face is attractive on both faces, and match one another pretty well. The hair buns peg into each head, so they need to be switched out depending on which head Chun-Li's using at any given time. The paint work is all good, with a high-gloss metallic sheen on the blue parts, and a flat maroon for the leggings. There's a good amount of airbrush highlighting to bring out the sculpt. All of the gold filigree is sharp, the boots have some nice gray airbrushing, and her face sports a great "makeup" application. The one I got had a brown spot above the left eye- annoying, but not really a huge deal. Otherwise, the paint is impressive.
The articulation on Chun-Li is plentiful, and she can take some great poses, but the hip joints are visible and pretty ugly. Also, I can't find rockers in her ankles, so her feet have a hard time staying flat side-to-side. The knees are relatively hidden when her legs are extended, but bend them and the enormous knee joint gives the figure a pretty odd look.
So, there you have it. Chun-Li is a good figure- she's probably a stronger offering than Ryu. She looks good, poses well, and includes the necessary accessories. That said, I actually prefer the NECA offerings. I like the sculpt, paintwork and articulation more on those smaller figures than on the Play Arts versions, and with these (though I do like them), I just don't feel like I'm getting $50 plus worth of figure...
 

1 comment:

  1. I have same Figure here If you are interested Im selling my 2010-2011 Edition

    ReplyDelete