Monday, April 2, 2012

Play Arts Kai ARKHAM ASYLUM BATMAN figure - Quick Shot

Here are some quick pictures of my new Arkham Asylum Batman figure from Play Arts Kai. It blows the Mattel offering out of the water, and has enough to set it apart from the DC Direct version to make it worth picking up. Batman runs about $60. I had him pre-ordered, and when he finally arrived I must admit that I wasn't too impressed. Out of the box, though, he looks terrific. The shading and detail is definitely up to par, and he sports tons of great articulation. The face (which is usually the deciding factor for me on Batman preferences) is great, as well. He comes with 2 fists, 2 "gripping" hands (that aren't really tight enough to grip very well, a batarang, a grapple gun, and an alternate "billowing" cape attachment. In case you are wondering, he's looks slightly smaller than the Street Fighter, Resident Evil and Assassin's Creed Play Arts figures that I have, though I'd expect him to be in scale to the other Arkham Asylum figures in the line...




UPDATE: Ok, it's been several months, and I wanted to re-visit this figure. I've decided that I LOVE this Batman. He's loads of fun to pose, and can achieve some really cool looks. On the down-side, the left shoulder ball pops out VERY easily, but it's simple enough to just pop back into place. The arm articulation is really limited by the shoulder portions of the cape, and the open left hand is useless for holding anything. Other than those small nits, Arkham Asylum Batman is awesome! I've already got Arkham City Batman on pre-order, and I'm in for all of these Play Arts Kai Batman figures. Square Enix, keep 'em coming!

No comments:

Post a Comment