Wednesday, April 4, 2012

Arkham City CATWOMAN - Unpacked


A little while back, I picked up the Arkham City Batman & Catwoman 2-Pack. Well, I've finally gotten around to opening the set, and I wanted to post a couple of pictures, and quick thoughts about the results. First off, Batman is just as lame as I thought he'd be. His face is goofy, his arms are short and stubby, with useless clenched fists. His rubber cape is too heavy for him to stand. In short, he's a hot mess and will remain binned and forgotten. Now, on to the star of the show: Catwoman...

First, the good. She looks amazing- even better out of the package. Loads of fine detailing on the costume. The proportions look good, her legs have some shape to them, and the face is terrific. Her goggles are sculpted so well that I thought for a moment that they were removable. I wasn't too thrilled with the way the hair was sculpted and painted peeking out from under the cowl, but out of the package it looks awesome. The paint is great, even on the buckles and there's some neat matte vs. gloss work on the costume. Really, really great; the pictures really don't even do her justice.

Then, there's the bad. Catwoman teeters on some pretty tall heels. As if that wasn't tough enough to deal with, mine has a warped left ankle as a result of how she was stuffed into her tray. I can get her to stand, but it isn't a pleasant process. Worse still, her head seems to be on a ball that only works as a cut. I can only get side-to-side swivel, and she's sculpted with her face tilted slightly down. QC issues or poor design, I don't know, but it's annoying. Oh, and there's a third one, as well: her right shoulder joint won't allow her to put her arm down fully. It moves all around, but won't come in towards the body completely (kind of like NECA's Duke Nukem figure, but not quite as badly). As a result of all this, Catwoman is really unpleasant to pose for me. She's got articulation aplenty, but it just doesn't work well enough for me to enjoy. That said, she looks great on the shelf as an integral part of my Arkham display...
This is as far down as her right arm goes...


No comments:

Post a Comment