Sunday, April 15, 2012

Batman Arkham City - Legacy Edition Harley Quinn In-Pack-Peek

Tonight's look is at Mattel's Arkham City version of their Legacy Edition Harley Quinn action figure. Harley has been released along with the Arkham City Nightwing figure in this latest wave (I'm not bothering with the first version Batman or Catwoman figures- neither has much appeal for me. Harley here, is top-notch, though...
The packaging is the same as with the previous Arkham video game releases. I think it looks great. It's intricate, attractive and eye-catching, and it does a super job of showing off the figure. It's probably larger than it needs to be, but I don't care at this point.

The card back has the Harley prototype in a couple of neat poses, along with some great personalized background info and a shot of posed prototype Nightwing. Prototype Harley actually looks really close to the final version (proto has painted fingernails, final does not; proto has no tatoos, final does, etc.).

Harley Quinn comes with a candy-striped baseball bat, a display stand, and a mini poster from the video game. Since I haven't opened the figure yet, I'm not sure of what the poster looks like, but I'm hoping it's the same shot as the one along the left side of the bubble, which shows Harley flashing the "L" in Batman's face...

As far as the figure itself goes, she really does look terrific. I don't often find myself gushing, but Mattel has really knocked this one out of the park.
The sculpt is terrific- full of details throughout the outfit. The paint is sharp and clean (for the most part- my figure has too much reddish tint seeping up from under the white face-paint, but it's not serious), and the tatoos are incredible! She's got one on her left hip ("Mr. J") and another that wraps completely around her left bicep. I'll need to get a magnifier out to see all of the details in those! Not having opened the figure yet, I can't promise too much about the articulation, but through the bubble it appears to be pretty standard DC Universe stuff. In any event, she's an awesome-looking figure. She's good enough to where I won't be picking up a DC Direct version. Speaking of which, I don't think she's QUITE as good-looking as the DC Direct Nurse Harley from Arkham Asylum, but I think she fullfils the requirements of the City version quite well...

No comments:

Post a Comment