Sunday, April 22, 2012

BOULDER the Construction-Bot - Transformers Rescue Bots


After literally weeks and weeks of searching, my Transformers Rescue Bots team is finally complete! My six-year-old came back from Target this afternoon with huge news: Boulder was finally here! As so often happens, Boulder was the one Rescue Bot I was really looking forward to, and has been the most difficult to find (figures!), so to say I was excited would be a huge understatement.

I don't know why I like Boulder so much- maybe it's because he seems to be the Rescue Bots counterpart to Transformers Prime's Bulkhead, who is a character I really like. Maybe it's the green. Whatever it is, I like the way the toy came out. The head is appropriately robotic, and I just like the overall look of the figure. The colors are vibrant, and the black and yellow hgihlights  pop nicely against the green body. The hands are in curled "fists" of a sort. I'm predicting limited to no articulation, like with the rest of the line.

The packaging is consistent with the rest of the line: the toys is strapped onto a bubble-less card back, prominently displayed with an in-action pose, complete with the human counterpart as highlights. Boulder's transformation is a 1-step pull-apart a little like Chase's. I haven't opened the package yet to transform him, but I'm predicting the head will tuck in  when the legs are slid back- we'll have to wait and see.


Boulder is a great looking addition to the Transformers Rescue Bots line. He adds some color to the team, and looks like he'll be a pretty cool bulldozer. I don't think he's completely screen-accurate to the show, but then again, none of the Playskool versions seem to be. These are durable, easy to transform versions of the show characters. I'm not a huge fan of the show, and I'm less enamoured of the toys as time passes, but I'm glad to add Boulder to the collection. If there was only one Rescue Bot I'd want to have, it would be Boulder...


No comments:

Post a Comment