Saturday, June 16, 2012

Batman Begins - Legacy Edition Prototype Suit Batman & Lt. Jim Gordon

Several years ago, the Dark Knight Movie Masters figures are what got me back into toy collecting after an extended hiatus. During it's initial run, I managed to pick up all of the figures I really wanted (including the Demon Batman and the unmasked Dark Knight), but never bothered with the later releases (Prototype Suit, Night Vision or Blue Suit Scarecrow), as my interest had moved on to other things. By the time this set, and the Police Disguise Joker/Dark Knight 2-pack were released, I was so disgusted by Mattel's pricing and lack of quality that I couldn't be bothered. Gordon, here, is an ok representation, and I particularly like the Prototype Suit Batman's sculpt and quality of plastic. So why was I so unwilling to pick the set up? Duh, the price. Mattel has firmly and steadily hiked their "collector figure" prices to the extent that I discontinued DC Universe after about Wave 5, and quit Masters of the Universe Classics early on, even though I was a cherry-picker to begin with. $32 for this 2-pack? Are you kidding me? 1 new figure with 1 accessory (a handgun) and a previous release I didn't care much about just weren't cost effective in my book. However, for the $10 clearance price tag I found the set for at Wal-mart, it's well worth the cash. Combine that with the impending Dark Knight Rises, and the recent release of Bane, Alfred and Catwoman, this was one set I couldn't pass up on...




No comments:

Post a Comment