Sunday, July 19, 2015

AMARGASAURUS & CERATOSAURUS - New Battat Terra Figures

It's not often that I have the pleasure of a completely unexpected find, such as the one I had today. In my rounds out and about looking for a new Jurassic World Stomp & Strike Tyrannosaurus Rex (which was unsuccessful), I stumbled across two new Battat Terra dinosaur releases at a local Target. I haven't heard anything new about the line and had been seeing the same Pachyrhinosaurus figures on the shelf for most of the past year, until I came across what seemed like a basic re-stock. All of the original 4 releases on the shelf (one of which was marked down to clearance price), and then I noticed a couple of new figures mixed in: Amargasaurus Cazaui and Ceratosaurus Nasicornis! Better yet, they carried the new price of $5.99 each! The figures are boxed in the same manner as the earlier releases and possess nice, vibrant paint schemes to accompany their sculpts. My own kids are largely unimpressed with the Battat line, mostly because they hold them up against Rebor and Papo for detail and paint applications. I, on the other hand, appreciate them for nice sculpts and a fabulous price point! I looked into it and found out that there is a third figure in this release series, a Carnotaurus, which I will be equally thrilled to find...








8 comments:

  1. Battat was seen among Dinosaur Collectors as the Best Dinosaur toys in terms of Accuracy. They were first released in the 90s, and now there back in stores as you can see. Theres also a T.Rex and Acrocanthosaurus available now

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel sorry for your kids, because these figures are superior in terms of accuracy. and a lot of work has went into getting these figures on the market. Theirs over 30 species slated for the collection, and 9 of them are now available. If you wish to see the Rest, i can link you to pictures

    ReplyDelete
  3. I picked up the Acrocanthosaurus and the T.rex last week. I love them both!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Others to expect in stores can be seen here.

    http://www.terrauniverse.com/dinosaurs

    ReplyDelete
  5. Thanks for all of your insight and information. It's quite an honor to have a regular on the Dino Toy Blog Forums visit my little site! I'm holding out hope for the Diplodocus, personally, though it isn't shown on the link you shared yet.

    ReplyDelete
  6. What state you from? I cant find the Ceratosaurus, Amargasaurus, and Carnotaurus anywhere. only last years releases and the two big ones

    ReplyDelete
  7. East Coast. We usually get everything last. I think I just got really lucky. Three Targets in my area and haven't seen any hint of them at the others or at the one I found them at since (though the Acros and Rexes are available. I just returned from vacation in the Gulf Coast and visited 3 Targets there: same story. Though they all seem to have the pricing out at $5.99, $7.99 and $9.99 for small, regular and large dinos. Keep looking - they are scarce everywhere right now...

    ReplyDelete
  8. Well Im getting impatient LOL. Im the one who first discovered the Rebooted series last year (or at least i was the first one to report it to the Dino collecting community) The ones on the sight are the ones that i believe will be released this year. Dan LoRusso has also made a Europasaurus, Gigantoraptor, Gastonia, Pentaceratops, and Nasatuceratops, and he has plans to make a Majungasaurus, Plateosaurus, and Yutyrannus

    ReplyDelete